Climate change is the greatest threat to the planet —
and our biggest opportunity
It's time for all of us to step up.
The IT industry has a huge part to play. Digital transformation has given everyday societal activities — shopping, streaming, and communication — a lighter environmental touch. However, this transformation is dependent on data centers, clouds, and devices that consume resources and create waste products from burning fossil fuel.
The more that is asked of our networks, the worse this dependency becomes. Unless we act.
Juniper is committed to a sustainable future. We’ve pledged to be carbon neutral by 2025. This is only the beginning as we look to transform the world to a more sustainable future.
Shaping the future
The world’s challenges will be solved one way: together. We believe in the power of a connected world to bring us all closer together. When we’re all connected, we can change everything for the better.
We consistently look for ways to make Juniper facilities more energy and cost efficient, less resource intensive, and ultimately, more sustainable. This approach has landed us on CDP’s A List for our progress on climate change.
We design products with the environment in mind. Our eco-design program emphasizes innovative materials, recyclability, and energy efficiency at every stage of the product lifecycle and supports a circular economy.
Agents of change
With a focus on sustainable living, VolkerWessels builds residential and commercial buildings, roads and railways, energy pipelines, and 5G networks. Total connectivity is now part of the construction company’s telecom offering, as it partners with Infradata and Juniper to deliver an innovative managed network service designed to simplify enterprise connectivity.
Earth Day Executive Q&A with California's Juniper Networks
A new article to celebrate Earth Day - Juniper’s CMO Mike Marcellin talks to Technology Magazine in the last of its sustainability series.
Technology Magazine, April 22, 2022
Achieving Sustainable Cybersecurity Through Proper Care and Feeding
Cybersecurity has sometimes been seen as a spent-cost investment to keep investors happy and is often rolled out as a knee-jerk response to an attack. This has never been a sustainable approach, and fortunately, most organizations now see this and recognize the need for change.
Security Week, April 27, 2022
Juniper Networks' Carbon Neutral Pledge
Getting sustainability “right” in networking and the broader technology industry will never be easy, but we have a collective responsibility to put all our resolve, creativity, innovation and determination into minimizing the impact IT has on the environment.
January 26, 2022
Let's do this
Meet your sustainable goals with hardware, software, and service solutions that support a circular economy, reduce operating expenses, and contribute to a healthier ecosystem.
We comply with green laws and regulations
All of our locations comply with local and international laws and adhere to the following directives:
- EU Directive 2011/65/EU Restriction of the use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS II) – eliminating the use of banned substances and reducing the use of restricted substances to levels at or below legal limits.
- EU Directive 2012/19/EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) – financing and managing the collection and environmentally sound disposal of products that have reached the end of their useful life. Our recycling program is available in 27 countries.
- Regulation EC No. 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals – reporting and authorizing the chemicals imported, produced or used in the preparation of products within the EU Member States.
- Substances of Concern in Products (SCIP) under the EU Waste Framework Directive (WFD) 2008/98/EC - reporting safe-use information for substances of very high concern found in products placed on the market in the EU.
- China RoHS – establishing hazardous substance restriction limits to levels at or below legal limits, and reporting hazardous materials table in simplified Chinese within the product manual per China standard SJ/T 11364.
- China RoHS 50 – labeling of Environment Friendly Use Period (EFUP) based on substances within Juniper Products.
- Green Dot – supporting European network of industry-funded systems for recycling of packaging materials for products in Germany.
Contact us to request product certifications and for more information.